We are seeking an Agile Business Analyst/Product Owner in support of the development of a portfolio management system at USAID. This is a full-time assignment, based in our client’s Crystal City, VA office.
The business analyst is responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting and prioritizing business requirements associated with performance and financial management activities with the goal of supporting the development and enhancement of enterprise software as a member of the Application Development Product Team. The Business Analyst (BA) works closely with the client business owners, project management, technical engineering and application development teams, as well as Deployment and Communications teams.
The duties for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client organization.
- The ability to utilize the product vision to define the requirements for the product.
- Supports planning and prioritization of the product feature backlog and development for the product solution
- Supports creation of product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provides an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Supports backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Actively supports user acceptance test case development and testing
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Facilitate and negotiate sometimes competing interests of Business Owner and Technical teams
- Supports the design of meaningful data reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations
- The ability to understand the business and translate the business requirements into user stories.
- The ability to analyze the business need to create, update, and manage backlog stories.
- The ability to understand and explain business needs to the Development team, and the ability to explain why and how the system is built to business stakeholders
- The ability to manage competing priorities and escalate critical issues
- Understand the technical composition of the system and the interconnections with supporting systems.
- The candidate for this position should hold a minimum of a BA or BS
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience as a product owner/ agile business analyst
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of agile processes. CSM certification is a plus
- Experience writing user stories, preferably following Behavior Driven Development (BDD) principles
- Experience working with tools such as JIRA or VSTS
- Ability to read data model documentation
- Ability to develop basic data queries and reports