The Business Analyst (BA) works closely with the client, project management, and technical teams and is responsible for capturing and writing the business and functional requirements. The BA works with the IT Project Manager to outline and quantify deliverables. The BA is the primary liaison with the client and is tasked with understanding their needs and translating those needs into web based content management solutions. The BA has an in-depth understanding of web based systems and Content Management Systems and ensures that there is integration between business requirements and technology. Knowledge of the Drupal CMS preferred.
The Business Analyst also performs workflow analysis and coordinates with the project management team to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. The BA needs a thorough understanding of software development processes – SDLC – along with proven analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues.
This is a full time position with great benefits working at a government client site in Washington DC.
The duties for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to gather business requirements for building and maintaining Drupal-based CMS solutions.
- Analyzing, translating, and documenting business and technical requirements.
- Serving as the liaison between customers and the systems development team.
- Analyzing information for quality, completeness, and reporting purposes.
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and related materials such as FAQs and help materials for Web-based systems.
- Helping with CMS operations, including QA of posted content, bug tracking, and facilitating communication between the client and the developer/technical support staff.
- Supporting the Web Portfolio Manager.
- Tackling other ad hoc tasks as required to operate a community-driven website.
The candidate for this position should hold a minimum of a BA or BS.
In addition to the above educational requirements, the candidate for this position must also have:
- Experience working with Web CMS technology, particularly Drupal
- Solid experience writing business and technical requirements
- An ownership mentality over the BA’s areas of responsibility
- An ability to prioritize and track changes in requirements in the context of a large and complex project
- An ability to resolve ambiguity and steer the client toward well-defined requirements
- An ability to track decisions and make sure they are reflected in the requirements
- Articulate oral and written communication skills
- Strong, client-facing interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities