Are you a JAVA Developer looking for a stable career with great benefits? Your work will impact and shape an application that stores information going towards improving social and nutritional conditions in countries all over the world. This position is working at the government client site in Washington DC (metro accessible).
The duties for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for working with peer developers and project lead to provide design, development, programming, testing, documentation, training and implementation of Java Web Applications, MS SQL database, and .Net Web Services.
- Maintenance of the MS SQL database server, including the correction of operational failures and approved enhancements, and appropriate testing of system changes.
- Responsible for the maintenance and further development a Java web application and administration & management of IIS and Apache Tomcat web servers.
- Provide tier II and III support to Application Helpdesk. Candidate will need to investigate, analyze, and provide resolution to client reported issues with the application and or application components.
- Provide input to develop detailed work plans and effectively manage task deadlines.
- 5+ years of experience with Java, J2EE and an understanding of JavaServer Faces JSF (v 1.2), EJBs, JSPs, Servlets, XML, MVC, Struts, Hibernate and Spring.
- Experience with Tomcat and other major J2EE application servers such as IIS and JBOSS.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server, PL/SQL, stored procedures, and basics of SQL tuning.
- Understands principles of OOD, design patterns and class structures.
- Experience with Agile development methodology (i.e. Scrum, Extreme, Adaptive) would be a plus