This is an exciting and challenging position for a Release Manager on a large IT project providing application operations and maintenance, COTS integration and software development services and business solutions for over 50 mission systems in the Federal Government. The candidate will be responsible for the overall success of software releases; managing release schedules; tracking budgets; optimizing resource assignments; and collaborating with key government stakeholders. Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance. This is a full time position with great benefits. The work location is in Arlington, Virginia.
General roles & responsibilities:
- Manage and lead client software releases leveraging Agile SDLC processes, tools and templates.
- Work closely with government stakeholders to effectively manage customer expectations for all software releases.
- Prepare project plans and project schedules, manage project team assignments, track milestones, and ensure seamless integration with software release plans.
- Ensure compliance with client SDLC standards and customer specifications.
- Lead/Support multi-disciplined project teams in the delivery of high-quality IT products and services (on time and in budget).
- Track action items and actively identify and mitigate risks.
- Motivate staff and provide leadership and guidance to improve team performance. Identify, communicate, and lead ongoing process improvements initiatives.
- Provide support to the client Project Manager for ad-hoc business development activities.
- Ability to manage the security continuous monitoring activities for assigned applications
- Work with organization security team to understand policies and processes.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience preparing project plans, managing resources, monitoring performance, tracking budgets, and quality metrics reporting.
- Experience leading customer meetings, and preparing/delivering presentations.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Well organized and detail oriented, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Strong team player with effective leadership and collaboration skills.
- US citizenship - Active Secret Clearance
- B. S. degree or equivalent experience
- PMI Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master certificate (optional)