Are you a Python developer with an entrepreneurial spirit?
recruvo is leading a search for a Full Stack Python Developer to join a growing online media software development team. This is a full time position working in a fast-paced, play hard, work hard environment. The company has been named “Best Place to Work” three straight years in a row by the Washington Business Journal. They are located in a central location in Washington DC and offer great benefits that include casual dress environment and open vacation and sick day policy.
As a Python developer, you will be developing and working on a consumer-facing news application with an internal content management system - by fixing bugs, improving performance, and adding new features. However, they are cross-functional, so you'll have the opportunity to work on many other projects, including data products, mobile applications, and dev ops. They use a variety of open-source technology, and their core infrastructure is written in Django.
General Requirements for this position:
- Experience building/working with web applications, particularly content management systems
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Familiarity with SQL and relational database design
- Experience with Git/GitHub or other version control technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating/updating documentation for other developers and non-technical users
- Ability to work well either individually or collaboratively
- Eagerness and interest in working on a variety of projects
We would love it if you had any of the following:
- Exposure to Agile Scrum workflow
- Experience or interest in data engineering: e.g. data munging, building ETLs, query optimizations, database administration, data visualizations
- Experience or interest in mobile app development: iOS or Android
- Experience or interest in test automation
- Experience or interest in graphic design
- A passion for or experience in sharing and teaching new skills
- Python: Django and Flask